It's a beautiful dress. You did an excellent job!! I may have to try this pattern company after all. I would probably have to find instructions somewhere because I am very nervous when I attempt sew without them. Yet I made a repurposed house dress from a couple of T shits.
If you go on sewessential.co.uk and find a similar pattern, many of them have the full pattern info as a downloadable pdf. So buy the cheap Lekala and use the similar instructions from a more expensive pattern
Excellent fit around the bust and midriff. Did you need to do an FBA? I'm finding that I always need to do an FBA on Lekala patterns even if I put in exaggerated bust measurements.
I do always make a muslin of Lekala patterns and often need to make small fit adjustments around the bust - but nothing near the adjustments required for a non-custom sized pattern. The software does seem to struggle a bit with very large cup sizes on the more fitted garments - but don't we all!
It's a beautiful dress. You did an excellent job!! I may have to try this pattern company after all. I would probably have to find instructions somewhere because I am very nervous when I attempt sew without them. Yet I made a repurposed house dress from a couple of T shits.
ReplyDeleteIf you go on sewessential.co.uk and find a similar pattern, many of them have the full pattern info as a downloadable pdf. So buy the cheap Lekala and use the similar instructions from a more expensive pattern
DeleteGreat fit on your dress. The pattern is very pretty!
ReplyDeleteExcellent fit around the bust and midriff. Did you need to do an FBA? I'm finding that I always need to do an FBA on Lekala patterns even if I put in exaggerated bust measurements.
ReplyDeleteI do always make a muslin of Lekala patterns and often need to make small fit adjustments around the bust - but nothing near the adjustments required for a non-custom sized pattern. The software does seem to struggle a bit with very large cup sizes on the more fitted garments - but don't we all!
ReplyDelete